Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Glowing Titanium All-Weather Magical Timepiece

For the first time in my life, I know exactly what I'm doing for the next eight months. I'm terrible at that usually, and I might get terrible at it again, but right now I have a map, compass, flashlight and a glowing titanium all-weather magical timepiece. I mean a calendar, sorry. It just feels like something special now that I'm actually using one, filling it out with an actual pen. It may or may not be glitter ink in the pen.

As of April 7, 2012, I've been back home in Seattle for three years. I needed the reprieve & I've done/figured out a lot of stuff. I was necessary & it was good, and as itchy as I've been to get going, it was the right length of time.

But now it's time to take off again. I'll come back home eventually. Then I'll take off again. *Next time will be Hawaii. Then I'll die and they'll burn & scatter me here at home, over Elliott Bay, so I get that Frasier view of my skyline).

Sterngrossmanseattle
Image Credit: Stern Grossman

Whys, what-fors and the schedule of events after the break:

The dealio, Emilio:

  • I've been promising my kid a trip to see him in Mexico.
  • I've been promising myself some time in New York.

- There's a whole subset of bullets under this item. The next item, too. Maybe all of 'em. And btw I'll be heading to Europe at least once while I'm on the East Coast.

  • I've been wanting to make more money, fcs.
  • I left my heart in San Francisco, and I'm overdue for a visit.
  • I want to be a car-owning driver.
  • I need less time on my hands, and more work, while I'm not writing.
  • I need to get to where I'm writing.

- Meaning working on projects like my little novel or my play (my first shot at a comedy!), not just talking to myself on a notepad.

  • I need a break.

- A fully funded, truly fun vacation from the long, fraught hike that has been my adult life. My brain, mind, spirit, whole self needs the benefits that would come of that.

Mexicansunset
Image credit: Michelle of kevandchelle.blogspot.com

So here's how it looks (yeah, more bullets. I'm bullet-happy, okay?):

  • I got this great job that goes from May 6th through September 18th. I'm keeping the PT job I already have (all the way to the end of the year), so the next four and a half months are gonna be a little brutal.
  • At the end of May, I'm getting a car. I'm very excited. I'm also ditching my big apartment, culling the essentials & renting from an old friend on the super-cheep for the rest of the year.
  • My sis Trin & I will be heading to Mexico from Sept 25th through October 9th, where I will see my kid (@tmcassani) for the first time in a very, very long time. And where we will eat, drink & be merry.
  • At some point between Mexico and Christmas, I'm gonna spend a three-day down in San Francisco. I will wave at the pteradactyls pelicans for you.

At a distance, in flight, they do too look exactly like pteradactyls. YES THEY DO!  Jeez.

My inner child is particularly smitten with San Francisco for some reason.

  • Thanksgiving, Christmas
  • And then this, the big road trip, from sea to shining sea, featuring a visit in SLC with @martymankins and @tiffmankins, in my very own jalopy.
  • Arrival by the afternoon of New Year's Eve in Manhattan.

 

More to come...

 

*That is unless my grand scale Etch-A-Sketch calendar doesn't get accidentally shaken early.

1 comment:

  1. I love the details in this post. And of course, as I said in your previous post, being able to have you pass through SLC for a quick visit is nice.

    You know I'm smiling for this trip and your 2012 plans. :-)
    (also cross comment posted over on your Posterous)

    ReplyDelete