Saturday, April 28, 2012

Trippin'

I like that week between Christmas and New Year's Eve. It feels like a break from regular space-time, a black wintery bridge between two sparkly parties. It's a cozy lull before you're tossed headlong into a fresh calendar. I often fill it with whatever work I've got, a little post-holiday shopping if I can, reliving Christmas Day memories to seal them in & other cheery stuff to combat the early darkness.

This year, it will be done mostly SMACK in the middle of the United States of America. Two of my favorite friends, Thelma (@NWMargaret) and Louise (our mutual friend & co-worker SharonLee) will hang with me while I trip the road from sea to shining sea at the end of the year. Thelma & Louise will be flying home to Seattle. I will not. :D

Two other excursions prior to then:

1) My lovely sister Trinity Rose and I will be visiting my kid (@tmcassani) in Mexico from September 25 through October 9, then:

2) On some random, non-holiday three-day stretch between then & Christmas, I will go visit my heart in San Francisco.

SF had originally been the end of the first leg of the cross-country trip; I really miss my hometown away from hometown. But it cost too much time, as I'm

A) determined to make it to NYC by the afternoon of New Year's Eve and

B) I wanted fewer driving hours per day in order to maximize fun & minimize hurry - especially when my friends are with me.

More on how I'm now able to make this happen & what the whole deal is here, coming in the next post.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is awesome. Very awesome. So cool to see NYC becoming a reality for you. I know you and I have talked about this trip for many years now and it makes me smile to see this happening.

    And of course, the chance to see you in SLC, too.

    Smiles everywhere.
    (I also posted this same comment over on your Posterous)

    ReplyDelete