Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

Happy New Year!

<anti-jinx>I have a pretty good feeling about 2011.</anti-jinx>


I kicked it off spending a lovely afternoon out with my friend @nwmargaret. 


 We shared appetizers at Julia's on Broadway, chatting & entertaining each other. We stopped on Thomas near Melrose, looking west, and alternated between shuffling through her Christmas pictures and ogling the spectacular Olympic Mountains (w/Space Needle in the foreground), pre-sunset.



At this moment, I have this Haydn piece in my head and an excellent cup of coffee beside me. I have elevently hundred tweets to go enjoy & SNL to look forward to this evening (a rerun, but new to me). There is a kitteh watching me intently from across the alley. I keep recalling the sunset on my short walk home from the store, which was the most insanely beautiful Technicolor spectacle I'd seen in ages. I made random strangers pay attention to it and gasp in awestruck wonder.

Some of them looked at me funny for making them gasp ;-)


Tomorrow, the Seahawks take on the Rams here at home, a game that's been fraught with some intra-12thMan conflict.  In my eyes, it's a sportsmanship issue; I stand firmly in the Pro-Win camp. The Pro-Tank camp can go to Hell is well-intentioned, I'm sure, but misguided. And wrong.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
In the less immediate world, I have other stuff to look forward to. Things are brewing. Some small but important things are shifting and changing a bit. 

All sorts of stuff is plenty fucked up, don't get me wrong. but I'm seeing that there is a more hopeful & peaceful way to be, right here in the midst of it all, and I'm headed there. Whatever I can possibly work out, heal up, improve, etc., in myself and the world, can be done probably a lot more effectively from there.

I know this was just pointless rambling. Just marking the day, I guess.  I wish you the very best of all things, anything you might want for yourself, and a few happy surprises in 2011.

Love,

Catherine
:)

1 comment:

  1. I have a good feeling about 2011, as well. Hoping it will be a great and wonderful year.

    Always nice to spend some time with a friend.

    And nothing like a good cup of coffee to add some calm to a storm.

    ReplyDelete