Monday, January 3, 2011

Seahawks NFC West Champions!

Good morning. :)

Laughing, Seahawks Head Coach @PeteCarroll said, "Hey, it's cool we're doing something that's never been done before...!", referring to the fact that he took a team with a losing record to the Playoffs.  He also said, "I guess we won for all the teams that have a losing record and think they can't be champions. It can get done, you can do it." That's a genuinely sporting, fun, positive attititude, and I love it. I feel proud that he's a Seahawk.

I love this coach to pieces. Rather that being your typical surly, hard boiled Pro-football coach, he is happy, positive and knows how to have fun no matter what the circumstances.  He has perspective, humor and grace. He does things like tweet whatever he's chosen as the Seahawks' #SOTD (Song of the Day) - usually a spirit-building & motivational tool for the team; in this case, a gift to the UW Huskies' Coach Sarkisian). If you ask me, that's awesome.

Carroll remarks on what made last nights' win happen, the season, QB stuff & a few other things (audio's a bit low):

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-17---Rams-Postgame-Recap/c71bd727-d83a-4fbf-920d-4613f4a3d26b#?id=ca86f419-2361-4a72-927f-67e5a0b3488e

Colossal congrats to the Hawks!!! Let's go hammer the Saints next week!

4 comments:

  1. Wooooot for the Seahawks! You know I already cheer for 'em. Other team I do is Green Bay.
    Again I hope 2011 kicks some serious butt for you this year my dear bff <3
    Love you.
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too <3

    I loved Coach Mike Holmgren from Green Bay when we had him, so there's a spot in my heart for that team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You can see the pic I posted for this entry (it's AWESOME) and an easier-on-the-eyes link to the press conference at Posterous: http://cath68.posterous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I'm definitely liking the posterous thing better for you

    ReplyDelete