Monday, January 24, 2011

all your bake are belong to us

As yet without a lusted-for camera, I am baking. No, I don't  think of baking and photography as directly interchangeble activities, but creative energy's gotta go somewhere, so there it is. I love cooking too, but the funnest activity for me lately is under the stovetop. I like the process of preparing stuff to bake, and it's a pretty cheap and easy hobby. And baked goodies always go over well; Cookies, pastry, etc., are easier to present to neighbors you don't really know all that well than a thing full of leftover stir fry, say. You never know what people like or what's gonna get wilty too quickly, etc.
So now I'm super jonesin' for the camera, because I want to take delightful photos of this yummy stuff. It's coming ASAP. I've never tried anything 'molten' before, so I thought I'd challenge myself with the Guittard recipe on the back of my sack of  chocolate chips. They came out looking something like this:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm4ReDXV6QWuk1H84nrL72rkMdWhTgEDF9cJOKdEIS91Vg2D19Vg
And they tasted even better, mmm :) Sexiest chocolate thing I've ever created.  I get some sort of impish glee out of tweaking recipes, especially if booze is involved, so trust me when I say that these were not only molten, but drunken (Grand Marnier). I'd like to tell you exactly what I did, but I forget (Absolut).
I think I'll tweak my Posterous into an occasional amateur food blog as soon as I get that camera.
Bon Appetit!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment