Tuesday, November 2, 2010

part the 2nd

I already had my first blogging mishap yesterday, forgetting that Part II of Hello World was on the clipboard, and over-copying it into oblivion. Consider Sporadic Nomad Christened.

So, Part II, Take 2:

'Sporadic Nomad'?:

  • I ran away from the house I grew up in (not my family's) never to return at 17. This cemented a preexisting cliff-jumping tendency into full fledged habit. I've been a do-over/fresh start junkie since (shortly after) emergence from the womb. While I appreciate and understand senses of permanence and home, like what you feel looking at a large, hand crafted piece of late eighteenth century furniture, or watching a friend dust off a loved item from childhood, I've never actually developed one. I think for most of the time, I've never consciously wanted one. There are certain upsides of several kinds to a life without one (some would probably have you questioning my definition of 'upside' :P).
  • I've since left my hometown (Seattle) and come back to Seattle so many times, without establishing any sense of home in the new places, that I've come to counting them as 'travels'. While I'm sure there's some sort of cycle/pattern to these off-takings, they are not superficially regular enough to be seen as anything other than 'sporadic'.
  • I suck at order, organization & management, have often been completely imprudent, owing, to put it very briefly, to some hardwiring problems.



So/And 'sporadically' is probably how I will be posting to this blog. Daily schmaily.

But as always, my mind is growing, and the senses & sensibilities I do have, along what I wish for myself, are shifting around. Things are being added/fading out, etc. That said, the crazy shifter has historically been a dominating characteristic of my life. Since I'm (once again) beginning a full-swing online life and (once again) planning to take off from Seattle, I might as well embrace that. For better and for worse, Sporadic Nomad describes me well thus far. Who knows what new times and experiences may bring, but I'm glad I'm who I am right here right now, and I don't see me ever falling out of love with fresh experiences and changing things up. If not in a typical way, then some other.


So, all that to introduce myself, and give a brush-up to you guys who've read me rambling on before. This is a standard, run-of-the-mill personal blog, so I see it as being pretty much a Twitter feed writ large; you might see me share & talk about stuff I find on the web, or hold forth on some topic, introspect here & there, write about stuff I love in a star-spangled essay, etc., whatever comes up. Welcome, and/or welcome back. I've missed doing a blog and I'm looking forward to more.

Thanks for reading <3

2 comments:

  1. We are opposites in the above 3 bullet points. Yet we have so much else in common. Diversity connects those that are different yet have common interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counterbalance! Also, Viva les differences!

    ReplyDelete